Our History

Calvin Church was formally organized as a congregation in the Christian Reformed Denomination in November of 1954. The church family was made up of 37 families, all of them recent immigrants from the Netherlands. Their first place of worship was the old West Flamborough Township Hall in Greensville. In 1956, the church called its first pastor, Reverend Adam Persenaire and, in 1958, the dream of their own church building was realized, complete with a wonderful 50-year-old pipe organ.

The congregation grew rapidly during the sixties, both from new families moving into the area and from internal expansion as children married and started their own families. Adaptation to the new culture was not without tension at times but, by he early seventies, services were conducted entirely in English as most families established themselves in the greater Hamilton area.

Continued growth led to overcrowding of the facilities so, in 1985, a “daughter” congregation named Calvary Christian Reformed Church was formed in Flamborough.

In 1998, the well-used education wing of the church was torn down and replaced with a beautiful new education facility and fellowship hall.

In 2004, the church celebrated its 50th anniversary.

Our current pastor, Rev. Ken Benjamins arrived in August of 2016.

Dundas Calvin continues to be a church that is firmly rooted in the Word and worships together faithfully. All of its members strive to be a witness of the saving grace of their Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

SUNDAY WORSHIP TIMES

9:30 AM Morning Worship
6:00 PM Evening Worship

LOCATION

420 Highway 5 West
Dundas, Ontario L9H 5E2
(5 km West of Clappison Corners)